University of Missouri St Louis/University of Antananarivo/Madagascar Fauna and Flora Group
Wildlife veterinarian and disease ecologist
Wildlife veterinarian and disease ecologist with extensive experience working on health, disease and conservation in Madagascar both in the wild and in captivity. Obtained my veterinary degree from the University of Antananarivo, a Master’s degree in epidemiology from the Université de Montréal and currently completing a PhD in Biology from the University of Missouri St Louis. I also act as a lecturer in wildlife health at the University of Antananarivo and veterinary advisor for the Madagascar Fauna and Flora Group.
Domaines d’expertise/Area of expertise: health and disease, captive management, disease ecology, veterinary medicine
Espèces étudiées / Species: Multiple Propithecus diadema, Indri indri, Prolemur simus, Propithecus verreauxi, Varecia variegata
1. RE Junge, CJ. Dutton, F Knightly, CV Williams. FT. Rasambainarivo, and EE. Louis Comparison of biomedical evaluation for white fronted brown lemurs (Eulemur fulvus albifrons) from four sites in Madagascar. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 2008 39(4): 567–575.
2. FT. Rasambainarivo and RE Junge. A 12-Month Survey of Gastrointestinal Helminth Infections of Lemurs Kept in Two Zoos in Madagascar. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 2010 41(4):638-642.
3. FT. Rasambainarivo, TR. Gillespie, PC. Wright, J. Arsenault, A. Villeneuve, and S. Lair. Survey of Giardia and Cryptosporidium in lemurs from the Ranomafana National Park. Journal of Wildlife Diseases. 2013 49(3):741-743.
4. FT. Rasambainarivo, RE Junge, and RJ Lewis. Biomedical evaluation for Verreaux’s sifaka from Kirindy Mitea National Park. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 45:247-55.
5. Bublitz DC., Wright, PC., Bodager, JR., Rasambainarivo, FT., Bliska, JB., Gillespie, TR., 2014. Epidemiology of Pathogenic Enterobacteria in Humans, Livestock, and Peridomestic Rodents in Rural Madagascar. PloS one 9: e101456.
6. Pomerantz J, FT. Rasambainarivo, L Dollar, LP Rahajanirina, R Andrianaivoarivelo, P Parker, and E Dubovi (2016) PREVALENCE OF ANTIBODIES TO SELECTED VIRUSES AND PARASITES IN INTRODUCED AND ENDEMIC CARNIVORES IN WESTERN MADAGASCAR. Journal of Wildlife Diseases: 52, (3), pp. 544-552.
7. Rasambainarivo, F., Farris, Z. J., Andrianalizah, H., & Parker, P. G. (2017). Interactions Between Carnivores in Madagascar and the Risk of Disease Transmission. EcoHealth, 1-13.